Americans vs. Chiefs
Saturday, October 9 | Kennewick, WA | Toyota Center
Start Time: 6:05 p.m PDT
Tickets: Single game tickets can be purchased at the Toyota Center Box Office or online from Ticketmaster here. For information on how you can build your own ticket package and save with Americans Flex Packs, click here!
How to Tune In:
Webcast: WHL Live – Sign Up & Watch Here
Radio: NewsTalk 870 KFLD / 98.7 FM – Listen Online
Follow us on social media: Twitter » Facebook » Instagram
Game Program » [CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD & PRINT]
Tri-City (2-0-0-0) | Spokane (0-2-1-0)
The Americans opened the season with back-to-back wins last weekend. They will look to continue their hot start as the Spokane Chiefs visit Kennewick tonight.
Tonight’s game is second of 14 times the two rival teams will face off this season.
In their first meeting, Tri-City’s Tyson Greenway and Parker Bell, and Spokane’s Jack Finley each had one goal and one assist. Tomas Suchanek was a stand out star for the Americans earning a win in his first WHL start in net. The 18-year-old native of the Czech Republic stopped 42 of 45 shots faced. The Americans showed resilience by coming back after trailing the Chiefs 3-2 to start the third period. Tyson Greenway, Parker Bell, and Rhett Melnyk added three straight goals in the final frame to steal back the game.
The Americans will look for a stronger start tonight as they were out shot 37-8 through two periods in Spokane.
After defeating the Chiefs 5-3 last Saturday, the Americans have had the week off from game action. They will look to use the extra rest to their advantage as tonight will be the second of back-to-back games for the Chiefs. They played last night in Spokane, suffering a 5-3 loss to the Thunderbirds.
- Tomas Suchanek recorded his first win on 10/2 @ Spokane.
- Bryson Andregg scored his first WHL goal on 10/2 @ Spokane.
- Dwayne Jean Jr. and Lukas Dragicevic recorded their first points on 10/2 @ Spokane.
- Elouann Lemonnier had his first multi-point game on 10/2.
- Petr Moravec scored his first WHL goal on 10/1 vs. Portland.
- Elouann Lemonnier scored his first WHL goal on 10/1 vs. Portland.
- Parker Bell – 2 games (2G, 2A)
- Connor Bouchard – 2 games (0G, 2A)
- Elouann Lemonnier – 2 games (1G, 2A)
- Rhett Melnyk – 2 games (1G, 2A)
- Petr Moravec – 2 games (2G, 1A)
- Jake Sloan – 2 games (1G, 2A)